Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay

I took a trip recently to lower Alabama. These pictures were taken on what is referred to as the Eastern Shore. (the eastern shore of the Mobile Bay looking towards the city of Mobile.)
It was not a good day for sunsets and had started to rain before we left. Look closely in this picture and you can see the "boom".
This is on the pier at Fairhope, Alabama looking back towards the shore. I grew up in this area and it was very unusual not to see people fishing off the pier. Most of the coastal area was closed to fishing. Although swimming was not advised I did see a few people in the water.
The Fairhope Yacht Club
A little farther up the shore on the pier at Daphne, Alabama we got a closer look at the boom.

12 comments:

Jan said...

Great post and photos, Dot. That boom is heartbreaking.

Malyss said...

The place is so beautyful and peaceful..I follow the things on TV, and though I'm a non-violent person, I think I could kill the responsible people for that tragedy when I see the poor birds and the destroyed places!

Rose said...

Great shots....looks like you grew up in a really beautiful area. Almost pretty as Eastern Tennessee;)

imac said...

Beautiful shots my friend, also love the white sands.

imac said...

Happy belated Birthday to you Dot.Have a happy and sunny Sunday.

Tina Leigh said...

So crazy!!!! Good pictures tho Mama!

Janet said...

We went to Gulf Shores a couple of weeks before the oil hit. It was perfect then. Glad you had a nice trip.

JunieRose2005 said...

Dot,


Thanks for this post and pictures!

It's heartbreaking but we'll get through it-ALL of the bad things in our lives today!

Junie

Anonymous said...

Dot, the pics are beautiful! I'm impressed at the white sands. I hope the oil slick never visits them.

Leni

Nihal said...

Oh my, great post, amazing sunset at the beach. I love, love, love.. What a wonderful world, my God!

Neal said...

That is a beautiful beach. I'm not a water person but I do like to see beautiful beaches.

Pat Tillett said...

I hope the booms can be taken away soon. They make me sad...

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP